Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 12

Hey!
I hope everyone is doing good! I am doing great!

This week has been a pretty good one! It went by very fast and we had a lot of work to get done. 
First thing is the other Elders in our house were transferred, so now it's only Elder Herrera and me in the house. It is definitely a lot quieter because I can only speak Spanish with him, but it has been good for me to learn Spanish. It is transfers today too, but I am pretty sure that I will be staying here with my companion. 
On Friday we had a missionary training with our zone and one other zone. For the training, they had 3 missionaries who will be leaving this week teach us some of the stuff they have learned throughout their time here in Ecuador. I learned a lot from it and it definitely helped me become a better missionary. I also got to see a couple of my old pals from the CCM, so that was nice. 

Saturday we  had a kind of food that was not that good. Up until Saturday I had loved all the food we have eaten, even though I can barely eat all of it everyday, because they feed us mountains of rice. On Saturday we had some kind of fish soup that I did not really like. I think on weekends the fish is cheaper or something, because we always have fish on Saturday and Sunday. We also had some kind of beet salad with mayo. I did not really love that too much either. The texture was different.  I had some more McDonalds on Tuesday, so they cancel themselves out! 

Today, my companion needed to print some pictures out from his past 4 months, so we went to the mall to print them out. The mall is very big and it was cool to see that they have things here that are similar to the US. In my area it is all small houses and small little stores. There is nothing else, so it is nice to see some other parts of Ecuador every once and a while!
We keep finding people to teach, but it is very hard to get them to church. There is always a ton of parties every Saturday night and they spend the whole night at parties and don't want to go to church in the morning. That is probably the hardest right now. If we can get more people to church we can baptize more!!! Last night we had a pretty good lesson with a member though. She has been deciding if she should go on a mission or not, and so she wanted to talk to us. When we talked to her at first she said , there was no way she was going, but by the end of our lesson she said she wants to go! She was not an investigator, but it was definitely a good lesson!

That is really all for this week! It has been a quick one, but a good one! I hope everyone has a good week!! 
Elder Sorensen

**Hey guys,  Khristian's birthday is Nov 8th.  I am sure he would love an e-mail from you all!  
Last day together before transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment