Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 45


Hey!

Well it has been a really good week! We got a lot of stuff done and I ate something that I have never eaten before. To end it all off we had the baptism! It will definitely be a week that I will never forget!!!

Well most of the days we spent getting David ready for the baptism and finding other people to teach. The time sure did go by pretty fast and we had a good time doing it.

The baptism of David was a pretty experience. He got baptized at 8 in the morning, so we had to get up at 4 to start filling up the baptismal font. He arrived at like and he brought his parents too. We were pretty scared because he told us that his Mom said he could investigate the church but not be baptized. He had made his decision that he would get baptized the night before. When we saw them we were pretty scared that they were there to stop the baptism, but the went to support their son. It was cool after he was baptized he bore his testimony and his Dad started to cry. It was a really cool experience and I hope that his great example will help his parents get baptized too. We have a family home evening planned with them so I am excited to see what happens with them.


In the afternoon is when I ate the new thing. It is something common here in Cuenca.  After 4 months here it was about time. It was Guinea Pig! It is called Cuy here. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. It just tastes like any other kind of meat. It was quite the process to cook it. (about 1 hour). The member thought it was pretty funny because most gringos don't eat it I guess. She was laughing the whole time.
(I think he has been looking forward to this his whole mission...)

Looks like those Pro Start cooking classes really paid off!
                                    

           


We also had stake conference yesterday. It was a good conference. I really like the Temple President's wife's talk. She does not know Spanish, so she just read what was written on a paper. After,  I asked my companion if he could understand her and he said yes, just about all of it. It was cool to see that when the Lord wants his children to learn, it does not matter how well the person knows the language.


Hot Pepper

Dinner with 1 of 2 families that cook for the missionaries


Well that was my week. It was a good one! It will be a week to remember! I hope everyone has a great week!

Love, Elder Sorensen

Newspaper article written about the service project that they did last week.




No comments:

Post a Comment